The EMA responded to the FCA CP18/44: Brexit – Regulatory Technical Standards for Strong Customer Authentication and Common and Secure Open Standards of Communication on 19 February 2019.
A blog with the latest information on regulatory developments in the area of electronic money and innovative payments.
The EMA responded to the Bank of Lithuania consultation on Open Banking on 31 January 2019.
The EMA responded to the Dutch Mistry of Finance consultation on the Law Implementing the Fifth Anti-money Laundering Directive (5MLD) on 15 January 2019.
The EMA submitted a letter to the Lithuanian Ministry of Finance and Bank of Lithuania in relation to Lithuania’s proposed implementation of the 5th Money Laundering Directive (5MLD) through Law VIII-275.
The EMA submitted a response to the Payment Systems Regulator Consultation on general directions for the implementation of Confirmation of Payee on 8 January 2019.
Thaer Sabri, CEO at the EMA will join a regulators panel at Financial Innovation Summit in Doha Qatar on 2-3 April 2019.
Thaer will open the regulators panel with a brief keynote address the following topic:
Getting FinTech Ready – Regulatory Journey
- Motivation to promote innovation
- Designing and opting the right regulatory framework
- Building the ecosystem and getting each party accept one another for social and economic empowerment
- Public engagement to get their ideas on what aspects of financial services that can be improved using technology
After Thaer’s 10 minutes presentation, he will join a 30 minutes panel discussion as a panelist speaker, discussing the following topic:
Regulatory Panel | Enhancing Regulatory Frameworks to Harness the Transformation & Development of FinTech and Digital Banking Innovation for Growth
- Regulatory Sandbox: Is it a ‘Game’ without ‘Rules’, or the ‘Rules’ of the Game?
- Why investing in AI, Big Data and Analytics are critical to boost efficiency across the financial institutions and legal framework?
- What sort of sacrifices are ahead of the regulators and how to deal with it to ensure prosperity for national interest and the Financial Technology Ecosystem?
- How to deal with reforming the client on-boarding process to become a digitized affair without visiting physical branches?
- What technologies should be considered as the main pillars to ensure the digitalization of the regulatory system along with the entire financial services ecosystem?
For more information, click here.
The EMA submitted a response to the Authorised Push Payment (APP) Scams Steering Group Draft Contingent Reimbursement Model Code on 15 November 2018.
The EMA responded to the FCA consultation CP18/21 on General standards and communication rules for the payment services and e-money sectors on 1 November 2018.
The EMA responded to the Romanian Ministry of Finance Consultation on the implementation of the Payment Services Directive (“PSD2”) – Proiect Lege privind serviciile de plata si pentru modificarea unor acte normative on 15 October 2018.
The EMA submitted a response to the FCA consultation CP18/25: Approach to final Regulatory Technical Standards and EBA guidelines under the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) on 12 october 2018.