The money laundering subcommittee is open to all EMA members and is attended by money laundering reporting officers (MLROs) or other anti-money laundering (AML) practitioners. The subcommittee tracks developments in the area of money laundering and counter financing of terrorism (CFT).
The subcommittee addresses:
- Emerging trends in the threats of ML and CFT
- Sharing of experiences in addressing the risks of AML and CFT
- Documenting typologies and adopting typologies issued by relevant bodies
- Engaging with regulators on the evolution of regulation and supervision of firms’ anti-money laundering processes
- Developing industry guidance on compliance with national AML and CFT legislation
- Participation in the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group and publishing electronic money sector guidance